Please let yourself be proud of small things. Please do that. Please allow yourself to get really excited about playing a video game well or sending an ask you were nervous about or letting a bug outside or peeling the whole orange in one try. Please get so excited about that. Please. That’s so cool I’m so glad you did it.
The Pakistani women who make footballs for the World Cup earn a paltry $100 per month. [x]
At least they are employed
Many of them earn below $100. Many of them have families - often consisting of 5-7 individuals - that rely directly upon on the meager income they generate from this extremely demanding job so them being “at least employed” doesn’t protect them from any kind of economic and social precarity and it doesn’t shelter them from unemployment because labor here is cheap and readily available; the worker is dispensable to the employer/company. So the “at least employed” comment from you was not only stupid but very telling of your piss-poor understanding of wages. I understand many of you love football and will go as far as shoving it up your ass to show your dedication to it but the next time you decide opening your mouth about these workers, consider this noble thought instead: Shut the fuck up.
"There’s a cure?!" asked the girl that kills everything she touches.
"Hey shut up we’re perf" replied the girl that makes clouds.
- other country: wow we solved drug crimes by doing this and the problem is practically completely resolved
- america: there is just no stopping the war on drugs........
- other country: we have the most successful schools because we implement these rules to encourage real learning
- america: no hope....... kids just cant cut it anymore........
- other country: gun related crime is all but non existent thanks to our restrictions
- america: wow..... if only there was some way to stop these shootings before they happened..............
- other country: nothing bad has happened as a result of our equal marriage/bathroom laws for lgbt
- america: if only there was a way.............................
Gender =/= gender roles
Gender non conforming =/= non binary
Crushing the binary =/= being trans
Dysphoria =/= hating your body
While these things aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive, they should not be considered synonymous.